The Accountant is responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports/statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. Communicates accounting policy and makes recommendations regarding the accounting treatment of financial transactions, as well as assists in development of new systems, procedures and controls.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration
2. At least three (3) years of corporate accounting experience
3. Knowledge of healthcare accounting, including background in medical and/or insurance billing
4. Strong math skills
5. Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
6. Intermediate to advanced computers skills required in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
7. Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
8. Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Master of Business Administration or Healthcare Administration
2. Relevant or any other job-related vocational coursework