The Billing Director manages, supervises and coordinates the activities of billing and collections.
Hires, trains, supervises, and mentors billing staff to ensure accurate billing and timely collections within the department.
Implements and maintains best practice and integration initiatives of the front-end and back-end billing operations.
Develops statistical reports, key performance indicators, procedures, and systems to facilitate the management of billing and collection functions.
Oversees, control, and audit proper cash applications
Reduces account receivable and days outstanding through the development and enhancement of billing procedures.
Prepares department and individual performance reports.
Meets periodically with appropriate staff and management to discuss billing and collection issues and plans of action.
Reviews and processes billing adjustments, refunds, transfers, and returned checks.
Ensures billing procedures are in compliance with all related regulations.
· Minimum 3 years of Inpatient Medical Billing experience required.
· Minimum 2 years of Collections experience.
· Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree desired.
· Computer Literacy. Excel skills required.
· Bilingual English-Spanish required
· Desired experience in E-Premis, software.
· Healthcare related certifications desired.