To provides care to patients in a manner that considers their safety and comfort. Assist patient with all activities of daily living and helps maintain the patient=s personal environment, using proper body mechanics and safety precautions in performance of duties.
- Assesses changes in patient behavior and report same to the supervising nurse.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of patient treatment programs.
- Knows whereabouts of all assigned patients at all times.
- Provides personal health care related to cleanliness, grooming, rest, activity and nourishment.
- Assist in the set up for meals and snacks.
- Assist in keeping group rooms clean and in order.
- Actively participates in group therapy and recreational activities as assigned.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of structured activities, special events/outings that are recreational in nature.
- Assist in the coordination of patient supplies necessary for activities and recreational therapies.
- Performs A Purposeful Rounding monitoring which includes:
- Visual checks on every patient every 15 minutes
- If door to the room is closed – knock and present your self. Visually check on the patient. If the patient is sleeping, assess the patient=s well being – check for breathing.
- If the patient is in the bathroom -knock and make sure patient is okay verbally check on patient and return to room for visual check.
- Performs Night Shift Floater/Hallway Monitoring which includes:
- Floater/hallway monitor must place chair against wall.
- Chair is not to be placed in the doorway of patient’s room. Monitors patients on a one -on- one per procedure and follows a Gender Specific Policy guidelines documents on the medical records patient’s behavior progress.
- Documentation shall reflect noted behavior and location of the patient at 15 minutes intervals. Document in A Real Time.
- Effectively communicates observation regarding patient behavior outside of group therapies to supervising nurse on an ongoing basis.
- Presents patient observation during staffing for treatment plan reviews.
- Communicates effectively with other staff members to provide continuity of care.
- Assist in crisis intervention to manage disruptive, violent and out of control patients.
- Know and understand the Patient Restraint Policy and legal requirements.
- Follows all safety standards in relation to patient care and protection from environmental hazards.
- Reports all injuries and unsafe practice to immediate supervisor. Reports all safety hazards to the safety committee.
- Demonstrates ability to carry out all assignments and procedures as offered according to policy and procedure manual.
- Manages and operates equipment’s safety and efficiently.
- Demonstrates team approaches, gives sense of helping others.
- Uses time effectively.
- Demonstrates awareness of the need for respecting the dignity and privacy of others.
- Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of the patient grievance procedure.
- Participates in hospital’s CQI, safety and infection control studies as assigned.
- Occasionally may require overtime.
- Performs other assigned duties as required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required
- Current Certification as Behavioral Health Technician by the Florida Certification Board required
- Current CPR certification required
- Previous work experience in Medical/Psychiatric hospital
- Aggression Control
- Patients Rights
- Professional Ethics