Fulltime position available with flexible schedule. Minimum of 1 year of hospital experience preferred.
Under the direction of the Kitchen Supervisor, the Dietary Aide Worker performs activities related to the assembly of meals in all stations of the kitchen and cafeteria, including set up, breakdown and cleaning duties. In addition, Diet Aid Worker performs dishwashing duties, cafeteria duties and other activities as assigned.
1. The primary responsibility of the Dietary Aide Worker is to provide the highest quality of food service to patients and staff at all time.
2. Setting up stations with food items, condiments, serving utensils, silverware and other supplies according to job breakdown.
3. Assembly and delivery of patient meals following food safety and sanitation standards.
4. Collects meal tickets from cafeteria customers and charges according to prices on the board.
5. Follows established portion control guidelines.
6. Garnishes all food to be placed on steam tables, salad bar, desserts, etc.
7. Display cafeteria food in a clean and attractive manner.
8. Cleans and sanitizes the assigned workstation and equipment.
9. Follows all hospital and regulatory rules.
10. Obtain and stock dishes, plastic ware, hot and cold foods, baked goods, beverages, desserts and condiments.
11. Wipes off counters and tables, arranges, rearranges and replenishes items as needed.
12. Participates in post meal cleanup tasks as assigned.
13. Maintains supplies at par-levels.
14. Ensures flavor and appearance of food is acceptable when supervisor is not available.
15. May be cross trained in other area where applicable.
16. May be required to vary shifts and/or weekend rotation, and overtime as the needs of the department dictate.
17. Operates dishwasher when necessary.
18. Prepares coffee and urns for food service.
19. Prepares, loads, transports and cleans food carts.
20. Tallies quantities of specific foods, such as fruits, juices, and desserts.
21. Process new diets and changes as required.
22. May answer telephone and relay information to Kitchen Supervisor and/or cooks concerning meal changes, complaints or patient discharge.
23. Prepares and delivers special nourishments to patients and/or units pantries.
24. Assembles and delivers late trays to patients after meal service as needed.
25. Participates in CQI.
26. Ensures completion of daily activities.