Performs routine work and assists the general maintenance workers in the Plant Operations Department. Duties performed under the direction of the immediate Supervisor.
- Functions as a helper to HVAC, Electrical Mechanic, Plumber, or Carpenter Mechanic as directed by Supervisor.
- Keeps all maintenance supplies in order such as screws, nuts and bolts.
- Keeps all maintenance parts stored in orderly fashion at all times, such as electrical parts, plumbing parts, and special equipment in the Maintenance Department.
- Maintains the Maintenance machine room and keeps all equipment clean.
- Mixes all chemicals from A/C cooling towers and the steam boilers as directed.
- Performs other duties as directed by Supervisor or Chief Engineer.
- Operates, runs and understands emergency power circuitry, runs tests and trouble shooting power failure other than FP&L outages.
- Knows codes and regulations regarding electrical safety and latest construction techniques.
- Reads and follows electrical drawings and schematics to gather information for a particular purpose or assignment.
- Keeps records of equipment serviced by date and extent of work.
- Maintains electrical kitchen equipment, laundry units, air handling equipment, refrigeration, fire alarm system, etc.
- Initiates requisition by identifying parts and quantities to be purchased.
- Performs other duties as requested by Physical Plant Director
High School graduate with Vocational, Electrical or Trade School training. Electrician’s license is desirable. Experience as a mechanics helper in one of the trades preferred.
On the Job and Technical Experience Required:
One year of experience in hospital maintenance or an equivalent of five years on the job experience in high rise building maintenance or related field.
Job Type: Full-time