The primary function of this position is to Identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems encountered by users of desktop systems, network, Internet, videoconference, servers and other technologies existing in the company.
Install and configure workplace equipment (computer, printer, scan, phones, cabling,…), network equipment, internet connections among others, for existing and new sites in different locations.
• Prepares, configures and installs users workstations and all peripheral equipment including, but not limited to printers, scanners, videoconference, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), data communications according to all specifications in response to the demands.
• Performs primary network system administration on network servers as needed.
• Installs, certifies and troubleshoots local and remote network cabling infrastructure, including a wide variety of local area network equipment and software included in the facilities.
• Identifies, analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software, and network-related problems encountered by end-users of the Sanitas network for all installed equipment, including facilities related ones.
• Will use company system for managing log requests; monitor progress, problem resolution, identify patterns of failure, research bug fixes and implement solutions; communicating with manager regarding unresolved problems.
• Analyzes bugs in system and application software; researches and tests possible solutions; implements solutions.
• On call shifts
• Associate’s degree with at least two years of coursework in computer sciences.
• Cloud based suites knowledge (Office365 or G-Suite).
• Current experience providing technical desktop and network support in a large environment
• Demonstrated experience implementing local area networks using Windows systems and platforms, network and computer trouble-shooting and problem solving skills required, including knowledge of networking theory, principles and practices.
• one year of experience and an MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certificate OR CompTIA certifications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Health Administration or Business Administration preferred.
• Bi-lingual fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
Good verbal and presentation communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Detail-oriented, well-organized, analytical skills
• Strong consultative relationship and interpersonal skills