Per diem position available. Must be graduate from an accredited program of ultrasound technology. Must have acute care hospital experience. ARDMS license preferred. Must be bilingual (English/Spanish) a preferred.
To produce two-dimensional ultrasonic recordings of internal organs, using ultrasound equipment, for use by physician in diagnosis of disease and study of malfunction of organs
1. Selects equipment for use in ultrasound setup according to specifications of examination.
2. Explains process to patient, and instructs and assists patient in assuming physical position
3. Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined,
depth of field, and other specifications of test.
4. Keys test data and patient information into computer of ultrasound equipment to maintain
record of test results.
5. Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of body and observes sound wave display
screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
6. Starts equipment which produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data
on magnetic tape, computer disk, strip printout, or film.
7. Photographs images of organs shown on display module, or removes strip printout from
equipment, to obtain permanent record on internal examination.
8. Discusses test results with supervisor or attending physician.
9. Demonstrate proper respect, attitude, courtesy, and professionalism and communication
skills towards patients, staff, co-workers, doctors, administration personnel.
10. Performs other assigned duties as required.
11. May be required to vary shifts and/or weekend rotation as needs of the department
12. May include overtime, only if approved by Director.